You might need to uninstall your disc recording software, restart the computer, reinstall the CD/DVD writing software, and then restart the computer again if the software no longer recognizes the drive. See Software for burning discs does not recognize the drive.
Why isn’t my computer detecting my CD?
How do I make my CD drive visible?
How do I play a DVD from an external hard drive on my laptop?
Click “Start,” the “Computer” or “My Computer,” and double-click the removable device icon. A window opens displaying all the files currently saved to the drive. Double-click the DVD movie player you just installed to open it. The program will detect your DVD movie and play it from the external hard drive.
How do I test my optical drive?
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt. msc then press the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Verify that the optical drive is listed.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 7?
What’s most likely happened is that the “auto run” feature has been turned off – either on your system or on that specific drive. That means that by definition nothing happens when you insert a disc.
How do I unhide a DVD in Windows 10?
- From the Start menu, open the Run dialog box or you can press the “Window + R” key to open the RUN window.
- Type “diskmgmt. …
- Right click on the drive hidden by you, then select “Change Drive Letters and Paths”.
- Remove the mentioned drive letter and path, then click on the OK button.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. To initiate installation, insert your CD and then: Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window.
How do I open my CD drive without the button?
The Eject key is usually located near the volume controls and is marked by a triangle pointing up with a line underneath. In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I eject a disc from my laptop?
- Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
How do I know if my laptop has a DVD writer?
- Open System Information.
- In the System Information window, click the + symbol next to Components.
- If you see “CD-ROM,” click it once to display the CD-ROM in the left window. Otherwise, click “+” next to “Multimedia” and then click “CD-ROM” to see the CD-ROM information in the left window.
How do you fix a DVD that won’t play?
- Solution 1: Check if the DVD type is incompatible with DVD player. …
- Solution 2: Clean the dirty DVD or try a different disc. …
- Solution 3: Ensure solid connection between DVD player and TV/PC/Computer. …
- Solution 4: Install Third Party DVD Player Software. …
- Solution 5: Update DVD Firmware. …
- Solution 6: Change region code.
Why won’t my computer read my DVD?
A dirty or scratched disc surface is the most common reason for a CD/DVD issue when inserted into a computer. Check the disc for damage and confirm that the disc is compatible with your computer. Clean the disc and check for damage: Clean any dust or smudges from the disc with filtered water and a lint free cloth.
How do I hide a hard drive from another user?
Open the following sections: User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Windows Explorer. Click Hide these specified drives in My Computer. Click to select the Hide these specified drives in My Computer check box. Click the appropriate option in the drop-down box.