macOS Recovery is the built-in recovery system on your Mac. You can use the apps in macOS Recovery on an Intel-based Mac to repair your internal disk, reinstall macOS, restore your files from a Time Machine backup, set security options, and more. Reinstalling macOS requires an internet connection.
Why does my Mac say internet recovery?
Will Mac internet recovery delete my files?
Is macOS internet recovery secure?
How do I exit internet recovery on Mac?
- Restart your Mac: Choose Apple menu > Restart.
- Choose a different startup disk before restarting your Mac: Choose Apple menu > Startup Disk, select a startup disk, then click Restart.
- Shut down your Mac: Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.
How do I reboot my Macbook Pro 2011?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I install Mac from USB?
- Choose a USB Flash Drive for Installing macOS. USB flash drives are cheaper than ever, so you won’t have to spend much on this task. …
- Format Your USB Flash Drive. You can only create a bootable installer for macOS on a Mac. …
- Download the macOS Installer. …
- Create a Bootable USB Using Terminal.
How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2011?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up. …
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I start my MacBook Pro in recovery mode?
- Restart your Mac.
- Immediately hold down Command-R.
- Release them as soon as you see the Apple logo.
How do I reset my Mac Mini M1?
- Clik Apple logo > System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar.
- Choose Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Type your admin password and click OK and Continue.
- You can backup Mac with Time Machine if asked.
- Read the warnings and select Erase All Content & Settings.
How do I restore my IMAC with Windows keyboard?
To restore from a Time Machine backup.
On a Windows keyboard, the Windows key is equivalent to the Mac keyboard’s Command key. So if you’re using a Windows keyboard, restart your Mac and then hold down the Windows key + R key combination to boot into Recovery Mode. Alternatively, use a Terminal command.
How do you erase M1 Mac before returning it?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window. …
- If asked, select a user you know the password for, then enter their administrator password.
- If asked, enter the Apple ID and password previously used with this Mac.
How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2014?
Hold down the Command and R keys as soon as you hear the Mac tone indicating a reboot. Wait for the macOS Utilities screen to appear, then click Disk Utility. Choose your Mac’s system drive, usually named Macintosh HD, then click Erase.
How do I restart my MacBook Air without the power button?
You can also restart a MacBook Air using the keyboard. Do this if you prefer it or if the computer isn’t responding to mouse clicks. Here’s how: Hold down Control + Command + power/eject/Touch ID at the same time until the screen goes black and you hear the restart sound.
How do you wipe a Macbook?
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- In the menu bar, choose System Preferences > Erase All Content and Settings.
- In Erase Assistant, enter your administrator information.
- Review items that will be removed in addition to your content and settings. …
- Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I install Sierra on an old Mac?
Open the macOS High Sierra Patcher tool, navigate to the High Sierra Installer App, then select your pen drive and click “Start Operation”. Boot from the USB drive by holding down the option key after reboot. Install macOS normally, reboot back on the installer drive, and then open the “macOS Post Install” application.
How do you restart a MacBook Pro?
Normally you can restart your Mac by choosing Apple menu > Restart. However, in some cases—for example, if your Mac becomes unresponsive—you may need to use a different startup method. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until it shuts off. After a moment, press the power button again to start your Mac.
How do I restart my MacBook Pro when the screen is black?
Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Press and release the power button, then immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R until you see an Apple logo or other image. If you still see a blank screen after about 20 seconds, contact Apple Support.
What is the Option key for Mac on a Windows keyboard?
The PC-keyboard equivalent of Alt on a Mac is called the Option key, and you’ll find the Option Key on your Mac if you go two keys to the left of the spacebar. However, the option key on a Mac keyboard is used in a different way than the alt key on a Windows PC.
How do I wipe my Mac Mini 2014?
Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
How do I wipe my MacBook pro clean and start over?
From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences. From the System Preferences menu in the menu bar, choose Erase All Content and Settings.