- Place the CD-RW or DVD-RW you want to erase into your Mac.
- If there are any files you want to keep that are on the disc, be sure to copy them to your hard drive.
- Launch Disk Utility. …
- Select the CD or DVD you want to erase in the column on the left.
- Click the Erase tab.
How do you delete files from a CD on a Mac?
How do you delete the contents of a CD?
How do I remove unwanted items from my Mac?
- Choose Apple menu > About This Mac, click Storage, then click Manage.
- Click a category in the sidebar: Applications, Music, TV, Messages, and Books: These categories list files individually. To delete an item, select the file, then click Delete.
How do u reset a macbook?
From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences. From the System Preferences menu in the menu bar, choose Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I delete downloads from my Mac without a mouse?
With your file or files highlighted, you can use the keyboard shortcut Option-Command-Delete or open Finder’s File menu and hold down the Option key, which changes the Move to Trash option to Delete Immediately.
Can you format a DVD R and use it again?
DVD-R and DVD+R discs are already preformatted for burning and cannot be formatted again.
How do I format a CD in Windows 7?
- Insert the CD-RW into your media drive and wait for Windows to pick it up.
- Select the drive in Windows Explorer.
- Right click and select Format.
- Select either UDF 2.01, UDF 2.50 or UDF 2.60 as the File System depending on what options are presented.
What is the best free Mac cleaner?
- CleanMyMac X. This is one of the best tools to clean up your Mac and it offers a wide range of features in addition to just cleaning up your Mac. …
- DaisyDisk. …
- MacBooster 7. …
- App Cleaner & Uninstaller. …
- Smart Mac Care. …
- CCleaner. …
- Drive Genius 5. …
- Data Rescue.