- Go to the File tab.
- Go to the Save a Copy tab.
- Select PDF as the file type.
- Press the Save button.
Why can’t I save as PDF in Excel?
How do I enable a PDF File in Excel?
- Open your files. Open up the Excel spreadsheet that you want to place the link into and select Insert > Object.
- Add your PDF. Click Create > Browse to locate the PDF you want to insert.
- Check the display. …
- Embed your PDF.
How do I change the print area on Excel?
- On the worksheet, select the cells that you want to define as the print area. Tip: To set multiple print areas, hold down the Ctrl key and click the areas you want to print. …
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Print Area, and then click Set Print Area.
How do I open Excel in safe mode?
Start Excel in safe mode
You can open Excel in safe mode by pressing and holding Ctrl while you start the program, or by using the /safe switch (excel.exe /safe) when you start the program from the command line.
How do I convert a picture to a table in Excel?
- Open the Office app on your phone and select Actions > Image to Table.
- Point the camera at the table you need and tap the capture button. …
- Select Open to open the table in Excel. …
- After editing the table to your liking, remember to save it.
How do you merge cells on Excel?
- Click the first cell and press Shift while you click the last cell in the range you want to merge. Important: Make sure only one of the cells in the range has data.
- Click Home > Merge & Center.
How do you lock a cell in Excel?
- Select the cells you want to lock.
- On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, click the small arrow to open the Format Cells popup window.
- On the Protection tab, select the Locked check box, and then click OK to close the popup.
How do I remove page breaks from Excel?
Select the column to the right of the page break. On the Layout tab, under Page Setup, click Breaks, and then click Remove Page Break.
How do I unfreeze my Excel spreadsheet?
You’re scrolling down your worksheet (or scrolling to the side), but part of it is frozen in place. This is probably because at some point you decided to freeze the panes. To fix this, click View > Window > Unfreeze Panes.
Why wont my Excel files open?
The most common reason for this problem: Excel won’t open a file because the file is corrupted. This is especially common if Excel crashes while saving the file, or if a problematic macro prevents the file from being saved correctly.
How do I split text in Excel?
- Select the cell or column that contains the text you want to split.
- Select Data > Text to Columns.
- In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited > Next.
- Select the Delimiters for your data. …
- Select Next.
- Select the Destination in your worksheet which is where you want the split data to appear.
How do I copy text from an image to word?
- Right-click the picture, and click Copy Text from Picture. …
- Click where you’d like to paste the copied text, and then press Ctrl+V.
How do I print an Excel sheet?
Select the worksheets that you want to print. Click FILE > Print. You can also press Ctrl+P. Click the Print button, or adjust Settings before you click the Print button.
How do I sort selected cells by last name?
Click on Sort. In the Sort dialog box, make sure ‘My data has headers’ is selected. In the ‘Sort by’ option, select the name of the column that just has the last name. In the ‘Sort On’, select ‘Cell Values’
How do you protect Excel sheet from editing?
- Select Review > Manage Protection.
- To turn on protection, in the Manage Protection task pane, select Protect sheet. …
- By default, the entire sheet is locked and protected. …
- Optionally, to require a password to edit a range, select Range password, enter and confirm the password, and then select Save.
How do you hide formulas in Excel?
- Select the range of cells whose formulas you want to hide. …
- Click Home > Format > Format Cells.
- On the Protection tab, select the Hidden check box.
- Click OK.
- Click Review > Protect Sheet.
How do I print a title in Excel?
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Print Titles. The Page Setup dialog box appears.
- To repeat row 1 at the top of each printed page, click in the corresponding box and select row 1.
- Click OK. …
- On the File tab, click Print for a print preview.
How do I make rows stay in Google Sheets?
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Select a row or column you want to freeze or unfreeze.
- At the top, click View. Freeze.
- Select how many rows or columns to freeze.
How do you unhide rows in Excel?
On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format. Do one of the following: Under Visibility, click Hide & Unhide, and then click Unhide Rows or Unhide Columns.
How do you restart Excel?
Do one of the following:
- If you are running Windows 10, choose Start > All apps > Windows System > Run > type Excel /safe in the Run box, then click OK.
- If you are running Windows 8, click Run in the Apps menu > type Excel /safe in the Run box, then click OK.