- In the Mail app on your Mac, choose Window > Connection Doctor.
- Review the status information. …
- When you’ve finished, click Check Again to verify if your actions resolved the problem.
How do I reconnect my email on my Mac?
- Go to the menu at the top of your screen and select Mailbox, then click on Take All Accounts Online.
- You can also choose to take just one account online. Go to Mailbox in the top menu bar and then select Online Status. Choose Take [your account] Online.
What is connection logging on a Mac?
Where do I find Mail logs on Mac?
View Mail Logs (OS X Mavericks and Later)
- In the Mail menu bar, go to Window > Connection Doctor.
- Select Show Logs to open a Finder window containing individual logs for each Mail account that is set up.
- Double-click a log to open it in TextEdit.
Why can’t I see my emails in Mac Mail?
Why won’t my Mail quit on my Mac?
Press these three keys together: Option, Command, and Esc (Escape). Or choose Force Quit from the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen. (This is similar to pressing Control-Alt-Delete on a PC.)
Why has my email stopped working on my IPAD?
You might need a special password or may need to request authorization from your email provider to send and receive email on your device. Check your email account settings with your email provider or system administrator to make sure that they’re correct.
Why is my AOL offline on my Mac?
If you see the text “Offline” next to an account in the in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) box, that indicates your SMTP server account settings are wrong. You may have changed the password and forgotten to update the outgoing SMTP server password when you updated the incoming email account’s password, for example.
Why is Apple Mail Search Not Working?
Mail may be excluded from Spotlight searching. To check, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Spotlight , then click Search Results. If the Mail & Messages checkbox isn’t already selected, select it. The Mail folder (located in your home Library folder) may be excluded from Spotlight searching.
Can I delete diagnostic reports on Mac?
Answer: A: Answer: A: You can delete those log files if you wish, but they are auto-generated so they will come back. And there already is a purge schedule built in to OS X to limit the size of the console logs.
How do you delete logs on a Mac?
- Open the Finder app.
- Press Go — Go to Folder.
- In the box, type ~/Library/Logs to view application logs or /var/log to view system logs.
- Press Go to view the files.
- To delete the log files, select any files with a .log file extension.
How do you force quit using the keyboard?
On a PC: Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open task manager (or Ctrl+Shift+Esc to force quit).
How do I restart my Mac without a mouse?
Control–Power button* or Control–Media Eject : Display a dialog asking whether you want to restart, sleep, or shut down. Control–Command–Power button:* Force your Mac to restart, without prompting to save any open and unsaved documents. Control–Command–Media Eject : Quit all apps, then restart your Mac.
How do I force my Macbook to restart?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I reboot my iPad?
- Press and hold either volume button and the top button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. …
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo.
How do I reboot my iPhone 13?
To force restart iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, or any iPhone 11, iPhone 12, or iPhone 13 model, do the following: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button.
How do you force quit a Mac?
Press these three keys together: Option, Command and Esc (Escape). Or choose Force Quit from the Apple menu in the top left-hand corner of your screen. (This is similar to pressing Control-Alt-Delete on a PC.) Then select the app in the Force Quit window and click Force Quit.
What is SMTP server for Hotmail?
|Hotmail.com (Outlook.com) SMTP Server||smtp-mail.outlook.com|
How do I start Macbook Pro in safe mode?
Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.
Where is shift key on Mac?
Where is the shift key on a Mac? Just as in Windows, the Shift keys are indicated by the ⇧ symbol. The keys are located in the second row of keys from the bottom – on the very outside.
Is it safe to delete logs?
These log files are produced by Microsoft Internet Information Services. By default: The files are simply log files of accesses to the Web server. It is safe to delete all the old log files.