On Mac, use Finder. Right-click your CSV file and select Open With > Excel in the menu. This opens your file in the Excel app. When Excel opens, you will see all your CSV file’s data in it.
How do I convert a CSV file to Xlsx on Mac?
How do I convert a CSV file on a Mac?
- Close the Excel application.
- Click on the Apple button.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Text and Language.
- Click on Formats.
- Under Numbers select Customize.
- Change the Decimal separator from a comma (,) to a full stop (.)
- Then click on Ok/Save.
Can a CSV file be converted to Excel?
How do I automatically convert CSV file to Excel?
How do you remove blank rows in Excel?
- Press [F5].
- In the resulting Go To dialog box, click Special.
- Click the Blanks option and click OK. …
- Now you’re ready to delete the selected cells. …
- Excel will delete the blank cells from the selected data range.
How do you remove commas in Excel?
- Select the dataset.
- Click the Home tab.
- In the Editing group, click on the Find & Replace option.
- Click on Replace. This will open the Find and Replace dialog box.
- In the ‘Find what:’ field, enter , (a comma)
- Leave the ‘Replace with:’ field empty. …
- Click on Replace All button.
Why are my Excel files opening in Numbers?
When a spreadsheet created in Microsoft Excel is opened in Apple’s Numbers app for OS X, iOS and iCloud, the file is imported and converted to the Numbers format. To open that same file again later in Excel, you need to export the spreadsheet back onto Excel’s own format.
How do I make Excel the default app and not Numbers?
- Select the Windows Icon in the start bar.
- In the Search Bar, type “Default Programs.”
- Click “Default Programs.”
- Wait for the app to start, then select “Set your default programs.”
- Find desired Excel version in the list.