All you need to do is create the account under iOS’s “Family Sharing” umbrella. With her iCloud account, your child will be able to sign in to an old iPhone or iPad, download apps, and even purchase items from the App Store—only with your approval, of course.
How do I set up an old phone for my child?
- Open the Google Play app.
- Tap the user image in the top right-hand corner.
- Scroll down to Settings and select.
- Tap Family to get to the parental controls.
How do I set up my old iPhone for my daughter?
Tap Family Sharing, then tap Add Member. Tap Create an Account for a Child, then tap Continue. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish setting up the account. You can use the child's email address for their Apple ID.
Can I give my son my old phone?
Can my son use my Apple ID on his phone?
How do I give my iPhone to someone else?
Contact your carrier for help transferring service to a new owner. If you aren’t using a SIM card with your device, you can contact them to get help transferring service to the new owner. Remove your old device from your list of trusted devices.
Should I give my kid their own Apple ID?
An Apple ID is the account you use with Messages, the App Store and other Apple services. Everyone should have their own Apple ID, so don’t share your Apple ID with your child. If your child uses your Apple ID, your child will have access to all of your personal content, including text messages and photos.
How can I create an Apple ID without a phone number?
You are required to provide a telephone number in order to create an AppleID. No way around that requirement. And you would not be adding it to your iPad as an iPad cannot have a telephone number associated with it other than when linked to an iPhone.
Can I use an old iPhone for music only?
It will work fine as what is essentially an iPod Touch. You can sync it to iTunes to access your music library, use it with streaming services. The only “quirk” is if you ever reset the phone to factory settings you will need to have a SIM card in it to reactivate the phone.
Can you make an iPhone kid friendly?
Go to Settings and tap Screen Time. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions, then tap Content Restrictions. Choose the settings that you want for each feature or setting under Allowed Store Content.
How do I activate a used iPhone?
- Insert the SIM card you want to use into the tray and push it back into the phone. …
- Turn on your iPhone by holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
- Begin the setup process by following the on-screen instructions.
Can you give someone your old iPhone?
You can give your old mobile phone to someone else, like a friend or family member, when upgrading to a newer handset. Every year, millions of us upgrade to a new mobile phone.
How do I turn my old iPhone into an iPod?
- Go to Settings > Cellular, and turn Celluar off.
- Keep Bluetooth and WiFi on.
- Turn the iPhone off and remove the SIM card or have insert a deactivated SIM card.
- Turn the iPhone back on and bingo your old iPhone now functions as an iPod touch!
What should I do with my old iPad?
- Use Your iPad as a Dedicated Smart Home Hub. …
- Use Your iPad as a Second Monitor. …
- Use Your iPad as a Remote Control. …
- Give It to the Kids. …
- Make It a Digital Photo or Video Frame.
- Use It as a Recipe Book or Mechanic’s Assistant. …
- Mount It in Your Car.
How do I wipe an old iPad?
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad. If you’re erasing your iPad because you’re replacing it with a new iPad that you have on hand, you can use extra free storage in iCloud to move your apps and data to the new device. …
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How can I use my old iPhone for my child?
- Backup your iPhone. The last thing you want to do is hand your child an iPhone with all your old data on it. …
- Wipe your data from your iPhone. …
- Set Up the iPhone for Your Child. …
- Set up content restrictions on the iPhone. …
- Reactivate the iPhone with your carrier.
Will my iPad work without a phone number?
It serves no function at all on the iPad as an iPad is incapable of connecting to any cellular telephone network. They are data only devices. Without being paired to an iPhone, an iPad has no cellular telephone voice nor SMS/MMS capabilities.
How can I find my iPhone without the verification code?
You can use the find my iphone feature without needing the 2FA – just the username and password as it is a “emergency scenario”. 2FA is to secure your data and senstive information on your account so is needed when accessing account data.
How do you tell what iPhone I have without turning it on?
Luckily, there is a way to find out which iPhone you have without turning it on or unlocking it by checking the Model number printed on it. The Model number starts with the letter A, as discussed in the previous chapter.
How do you wipe out an iPhone?
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. If you’re erasing your iPhone because you’re replacing it with a new iPhone that you have on hand, you can use extra free storage in iCloud to move your apps and data to the new device. …
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
What age should a kid get a phone at?
According to the Pew Research Center, most parents (45%) think it’s acceptable for kids to have a phone between the ages of 12 and 14. About 28% of parents wait until ages 15 to 17, and 16% think it’s fine to let kids as young as 9 have their own phones.